Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Wow. Yes we can.. Yes we Did!


Just taking in the Obama victory. Not since Bill Clinton ran had I and so many of those of my age been so interested in an Election. The younger generation has stepped up this election. This election, like no other in recent years has pushed to make us as electors more aware of the topics that matter most to us as a society. Many of us have turned a blind eye to the workings of the political machine mainly because we didn't matter.


Obama has been able to put forth his goals for our country in such a way as to make us understand and feel truly connected with what makes our country the strongest nation in the world. Now as I watch Mccain speak. Amid a crowd that boo'd at every mention of Obama's name, Mccain stood strong and praised Obama for a well fought election. Extending his hand to Obama to find the necessary needs to embrace our difference as a country was sincere. I always believed Mccain ultimately wants what is best for this country. If he had been able to appeal to the struggling middle class just a bit more I may have voted for him myself. I feel in the years to come Mccain will be more an ally than an enemy in the governing of this country.

So if anyone reads this please leave me a comment to this post with your feelings of this election. Democrats and republicans alike.

[image courtesy of CNN.com]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home